Tuesday, February 26, 2008

February odds and ends

A few unrelated observations, mainly to pad out a new post since it's been a while:

- I went to change the battery for the first time in my younger son's watch yesterday, a watch which features Disney's prickly but lovable alien Stitch, a/k/a Experiment 626. I opened it up to see what battery number to buy as a replacement, and nearly fell over laughing when I read the tiny engraving on the old battery.

The number is 626.

Coincidence? I think not!

-
I'm in the midst of convincing my wife that we need to get a new digital camera. The old one still works okay, if you don't count the fact that it shuts itself off anytime you want to take a picture. Maybe I shouldn't have dropped it on that concrete floor this past weekend?

- The trip report is still going on strong over at its own blog, WombatDisney.blogspot.com. I've been accused of dragging it out. I can't imagine why, though. I mean, here it is almost two months after we got back and I'm already on Day 4 of our trip!

Okay, yes, I put in a lot of detail. But I write the kind of trip reports I like to read, full of detail; reports that let the reader feel that he is along for the vacation. No "we did this, and then we did this, and then we did this, and then the next day..." for me! So, be patient.

If you like, you can always come back in a few months and read the whole thing at once!

And finally...

- Happy Inappropriate Card Day!

It's always Inappropriate Card Day at Humor-Blogs.com!

No comments: