Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Braille bumper stickers and other tidbits

Not too many deep thoughts today, just random bits:

- On my way to work today, I found myself behind an SUV sporting a bumper sticker in Braille. That's right -- Braille. My camera phone's resolution isn't good enough to get the details, but if I read it right, it translated as "IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU'RE WAY TOO CLOSE"! Pretty funny. (Yes, I realize there are no italics in Braille, but they were implied.)

- Our church choir spent Sunday afternoon recording a new CD for Christmas with Nashville-based producer Phil Barfoot. Man, that is tiring work, being on our feet singing for hour after hour. Never once did we sing through an entire song at one time, either -- we took them phrase by phrase, getting each section right before moving on. Still it was fun in its own way, and Phil was great as always (this was my second time recording with him). I was proud of the group, though -- we finished the entire recording session in record time: just over four hours! Wow. My sons Brandon & Benjamin will be on the CD, too -- the children's choir recorded their part on Monday night. The CD will be out in a few weeks.

- The article I mentioned writing for a Disney fan newsletter a few posts back has been finished, accepted, and is due for publication tomorrow (Thursday, Nov. 2)!! "Being the Ideal Guest" will be the main article in this week's PassPorter News, and subscriptions are free at the PassPorter website -- just enter your email address at the appropriate place on the left side of the page. I'll publish a direct link here when it becomes available online.

- We're booked on our next Disney trip! yay! We'll be heading to Walt Disney World -- during the holidays, for a change -- next year. It will be crowded and cooler, but the special decorations, shows, parades, fireworks, etc. will be wonderful to see. We're counting the weeks!

No comments: