Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmastime

Last week was a busy one, full of choir rehearsals, concerts, and a party or two, and as we were returning home on Sunday night after it was all over, Benjamin (my younger son, age 9) said, "I wish Christmas was tomorrow!" I understand the thought -- and I certainly made the same wish when I was his age (hurry up and get here, Christmas!) -- but I don't want it to hurry now.

You see, to me this is the fun time. Our Christmas obligations are winding down, and now we can relax and enjoy the holidays.

Our "Holiday at the Heights" church Christmas concert last Saturday night was wonderful, if I do say so myself. We were the Dallas-area stop this year for Point of Grace and their "Winter Wonderland" tour, and they were spectacular. One thing I love about our church is that we don't just bring in artists to perform for us; our choir and orchestra perform with them! (Apart from Point of Grace, in our year-and-a-half at The Heights, we also have had the privilege of performing in concert with Russ Taff, Steve Green, and The Martins. Have I mentioned we love our church? All this and the Donut Man, too!)

As with our Steve Green Christmas concert last year, we had a few songs on our own, Point of Grace did a good portion of the concert on their own, and then we combined for the second half of the concert and some spectacular Christmas music. It was a great deal of fun. I just couldn't get any pictures while I was up there singing! I'll post some here or a link to the website of the church's photographer when he gets his up.

Enjoy the season, everybody!

No comments: