Thursday, August 10, 2006

Me? A blog?

It was only a matter of time, I suppose. I'd always resisted creating a weblog, mainly because it was the trendy thing to do, and I am not and never have been a trendy person. And I wondered, who would want to read anything I'd written? Blogs were cool for a while, I suppose, but at least that's all changed from the overkill -- there are literally millions of blogs out there -- so I suppose it's safe for me to try. . .

Besides, the point of a blog is more to have a public place to vent. It matters not whether anyone actually reads it -- and only one in 137 blogs are read by more than the author's family and friends. (Seven out of every 9 make up fake statistics, too.) Fewer still are read more than once by the same person. So, I don't have high expectations that this spot will become a gathering place for millions, but I hope it's a bit of fun for those who do. And if not, at least it will help me kill some time.

Enjoy.

No comments: